OCADO and Reflets de France

Tuesday 6 September 2011



Ocado, a popular shop-from-home online grocery site here in the UK, recently partnered with Carrefour, the world’s second largest supermarket group, to sell a range of French products that it hopes will differentiate it from rival Waitrose in the online grocery market. Ocado now offers Carrefour’s “Reflets de France” range of authentic French products in the UK, alongside its current range of Waitrose and own-branded products.



When we were living down in Kent, we often hopped over to the Continent to do some shopping in France and Carrefour was always the top of my list of shopping destinations. No surprise there as I am a person that treats a trip around the grocery aisles with great delight! Tripping around foreign grocery aisles is even better! I just love to oggle the different things on offer, so you can imagine how pleased I was to discover that my favourite online grocery shop was going to be offering tasty products from my favourite French grocery supermarket!

It gets even better. Nicola from FrankPR recently sent me a few of their products to try out here at home, which included a tasty jar of Reflets de France Campagne Rough Paté , a free range coarse pork paté all the way from Brittany.






These delicious French patĂ©s were originally made in a crust. At the end of the Middle Ages the first “mincemeat” was cooked in pots and while the pastry disappeared the patĂ© remained. Inherited from the Breton patĂ©, the Reflets de France coarse patĂ© is renowned for its thick chunks/mince and pieces of meat and fat which appear white.



We found the pate to be incredibly moreish! I served it up with chunks of a crusty French Loaf and Todd and I couldn't get enough of it! It disappeared in no time at all! Mitzie was really disappointed we didn't save her any!



We were also sent a jar of the delicious Reflets de France Confiture d'Oranges et de Clementine de Corse. Oh my . . . what a lovely jam it is. This delicious Corsican Orange and Clementine Jam is chock full of lovely bits of orange and clementine peel. Proud of their island, the Corsicans pick the oranges and the clementines with their deep green leaves when they embody the scent of myrtle and citrus fruits. Cooked in a copper bowl with just enough cane sugar, this fruit exudes tons of flavour.



Oh my but it was so delicious spooned out onto that same crusty loaf!! I thoroughly enjoyed, as did Todd!



With over 100 different products to choose from you are sure to find something in the range to please just about anyone's tastes. I know a few things that are going to become a common addition to my weekly grocery shop for sure!

Many thanks to Nicola and Ocado for affording me these tasty little treats!




There is a tasty Hot Bacon Dressing cooking in the Cottage today!

5 comments

  1. Oooh yum - what lovely things you've been sent Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..............a taste from home at your home, I buy that range from Carrefour Marie and their Valencay Cheese it DIVINE darlink!
    What a great little hamper, enjoy!
    Karen
    PS: when I come over, let me know what I can bring you as a treat or two....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great - I just started shopping with Ocado but had no idea they started stocking this! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. plus which that little pate jar is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!