Chicken Fajita Skillet Supper

Thursday 30 April 2015

 photo DSCN1487_zpsyombiyjy.jpg

The other day I found myself with a couple of boneless chicken breasts and some peppers plus a pot of leftover pasta in the refrigerator.  I needed to use the peppers and the chicken and I didn't want to have to throw the pasta away and so I decided to throw them all together and make a simple and quick supper for us.

 photo DSCN1488_zpstdgkdztk.jpg

I quite like Mexican Food and I had some Fahita paste pots in the cupboard.  Peppers and onions are an integral part of Fajita's so I thought why not use the elements of Fajita's to make a skillet type of dish, except use pasta  instead of tortillas as it were . . .

  photo DSCN1489_zpsgyvipqcy.jpg

I simply browned the chicken along with the peppers and some onions in a large skillet.   I added garlic as well.  Then I stirred in  a couple fajita pots and added the pasta.

 photo DSCN1490_zpsat9hvosx.jpg

I stirred in some cheese along with some creme fraiche to create a sort of a sauce, once again heating it through.  Finally I threw some more cheese on top and allowed it to melt down into the whole dish . . . it ended up being quite, quite delicious.  A happy combination of found things and ingenuity to create something more than edible and filling.   Ariana took the leftovers to work for her lunch, and happily so.

 photo DSCN14871_zps94uhnuny.jpg


*Chicken Fajita Skillet Supper*
Serves 4

Just something I threw together using what I had in the cupboard and fridge.  It was delicious. 

1 TBS oil
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1/2 each green, red and yellow pepper, cut into cubes
1 onion, peeled and cut into cubes
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
about 2 cups of leftover noodle type flat pasta shapes (farfalle, malfalda, etc.)
2 pots of fajita paste seasoning (alternately you can just use one envelope fajita seasoning)
salt and black pepper to taste
250g of cheddar cheese, grated (2 cups) divided
225g of creme fraiche (1 cup)

 photo DSCN1491_zpsbhh0ueig.jpg

Heat the oil in a large skillet.   Add the chicken breasts and cook until browned on all sides.   Add the vegetables, onions, garlic and faijita paste.   Cook, stirring fequently, until the vegetables are tender.  Stir in the pasta, creme fraiche and half of the cheese.  Heat through.  Taste and adjust seasoning as required with salt and pepper.   Sprinkle the remaining cheese over top and serve.

7 comments

  1. My son would love this Marie!
    He loves mexican food!
    Look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gloria, it's amazing what you can do with a bit of this and a bit of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet The Littles would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure that they would Monique! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looove chicken fajitas! Great post.


    Elliot
    www.londonfoodbabes.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you so do not be shy!


BEFORE LEAVING A COMMENT OR RATING, ASK YOURSELF:
Did you make the recipe as directed? Recipe results are not guaranteed when changes have been made.

Is this comment helpful to other readers? Rude or hateful comments will not be approved. Remember that this website is run by a real person.

Are you here to complain about ads? Please keep in mind that I develop these recipes and provide them to you for free. Advertising helps to defray my cost of doing so, and allows me to continue to post regular fresh content.

Thanks so much for your understanding! I appreciate you!